Will the HD 7950 have tearing with this rig?

cool.dx.rip

Guys,I have a 18.5inch led monitor.
My config is:
PRO:i5 3470
Ram:8gb ddr3 1333
PSU:550watt
MOBO:gigabyte b75 d3v
1)I am planning to buy 7950.a tech frnd told me that if I buy it will give me tearing performace cause I have 1366*768 RES. with 60 fps or hz.so the gpu will send more fps than needed that time.it will destroy gaming experience.is it true?he advice me to get 7850 2gb.
2)what if I set it 75hz?will still do prob?
3)Does powerful gpu more future proof?for example if 7850 protects 3 years of playing game smoothly than 7950 will protect 5 yrs,7990 will protects 7-8 years.M I right?
N:B: Sorry 4 my BAD ENGLISH.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

If your minimum framerates are above 60fps you can turn on V-sync and that will resolve tearing issues. At your resolution you'd easily get above 60fps minimum on pretty much all games. In fact I'd recommend you upgrading your monitor for a better gaming experience. Even if you do get tearing it depends on how much you notice it, if any. I would definitely not call it a "game destroying experience".

No card will future proof you for 7-8 years. Just buy the best value for money card now and upgrade when you need more power. The 7950 is very good value now so I would recommend getting that.

If your minimum framerates are above 60fps you can turn on V-sync and that will resolve tearing issues. At your resolution you'd easily get above 60fps minimum on pretty much all games. In fact I'd recommend you upgrading your monitor for a better gaming experience. Even if you do get tearing it depends on how much you notice it, if any. I would definitely not call it a "game destroying experience".

No card will future proof you for 7-8 years. Just buy the best value for money card now and upgrade when you need more power. The 7950 is very good value now so I would recommend getting that.
Yeah, there always be graphical enhancements (think of it like Battlefield 2 vs Battlefield 4 (80% utilization of frostbite 2 [DX11], it went from DX9, which was advanced for the time, but look at DX 11 now.) You 550W power supply may be pushing the 7950... I would recommend getting a 650W at least... or even better a 750W. You dont really replace power supplies unless they fail, so get a high wattage so you can upgrade later.

- 550W PSU is fine. 7970 recommends 500W+
- Screen tearing isn't 'game destroying', as said above.
- Turning on 'Vertical Sync' will stop screen tearing.

ABOUT ME:M a casual and normal gamer so not much hardcore about what I got in performance.I just want to play game smmothly that's it and want my gpu long run in future.one time investment.

This is what I may tell u if u keep that monitor resolution which is the same resolution u will be able to max quite alot of games from this this year to the next 2 years or abit less but then if your just a casual gamer it will hold on in the desktop for 4 years and drop down the settings this is all from normal facts no1 knows whats in serve in the future of graphics and gaming :)

Yeah, there is no such thing as "future-proofing" for more than 4-5 years. Technology is always advancing.
hopefully the more the technology advances the cheaper it will get we have seen a change in ram lately hopefully the same happens to cpus or gpu

hopefully the more the technology advances the cheaper it will get we have seen a change in ram lately hopefully the same happens to cpus or gpu
Well nVidia announced some big changes to GPUs, they may not necessarily get cheaper, but they will get much faster for the price. RAM has risen in price by up to 22% (contract prices) lately. On newegg a 16GB (4x4) pack of 1600 MHz RAM from Kingston went from $79.99 in July 2012 (was looking at this when helping a friend out with a build) to $119.99 as of today.

Well nVidia announced some big changes to GPUs, they may not necessarily get cheaper, but they will get much faster for the price. RAM has risen in price by up to 22% (contract prices) lately. On newegg a 16GB (4x4) pack of 1600 MHz RAM from Kingston went from $79.99 in July 2012 (was looking at this when helping a friend out with a build) to $119.99 as of today.
well that always depends the seller :) but in that case I was talking about how ddr stick which costed 40 euros per 1 gig litterly costs 4-8 gig ddr3 depending on what there speed brand and latency is

I would get a larger monitor 21,5" at least as it can display 1920x1080 full HD and that will give you a much nicer experience in games. As for a card you can get a hd 6870 or 7770. They are both good deals and all new games will run smoothly.

I would get a larger monitor 21,5" at least as it can display 1920x1080 full HD and that will give you a much nicer experience in games. As for a card you can get a hd 6870 or 7770. They are both good deals and all new games will run smoothly.
I would say get the 7770 over the 6870, the 6870 may get a bit better performance (not sure if it even would, havent paid attention to benchmarks with it lately), but AMD has pretty much abandoned older generations in terms of performance improvements. You see nVidia still providing performance improvements for the 400 series, but AMD is focusing too much on the 7000 series. AMD is trying to beat nVidia so their focus is on the newer cards.

Back