Will there be a Microsoft-branded Windows 8 tablet?

By Emil
Jun 8, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Will Microsoft launch a Windows 8 tablet with its one of its own brands by the end of 2012? The company is considering doing so, with cooperation from Texas Instruments…

Read the whole story
  2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,041   +72

If my memory serves me right, MS was the first company to come up with tablet concept many many years ago, and then somehow fail, I guess mostly because the market wasn't ready back then. So, it will be interesting to see how MS do things this time around, especially as this segment is pretty crowded and competitive.
  3. example1013

example1013 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 280

Oh yeah, the Kin existed. What was that again?
  4. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Yeah, I remember walking into a CompUSA around the turn of the century (that phrase will never get old for me), and there being a really cute girl hawking Windows tablets, so I talked to her for a bit. I thought they were ok, but as I wasn't into graphic design, I did not see the point of using a stylus for actual work.
  5. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,047   +37

well this is a stupid question... no offense techspot writers/reports
  6. Raswan

Raswan TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 280

They should totally rebrand the Kin as the Microsoft tablet. Harvest the good ideas from that otherwise failure of a product, and full steam ahead.
  7. "Oh yeah, the Kin existed. What was that again? "

Oh yeah The Apple Newton also existed too, what's your point again?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.