TechSpot

Will they work together?

By steelth
Mar 25, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I have a
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor and found and old N13219 motherboard off a HP Compaq .I read somewhere that the motherboard is a 775 socket , but other than that i have no idea if they will work together can anyone help me out with this plz.Thank you

2. steelth

steelth TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 125

wow 120 views and no reply's , i think i may have stumped everyone finally,lol

3. Buckshot420

Buckshot420 TS Enthusiast Posts: 301

Probably because everyone noticed you answered your own question. They are both 775. It's still a decent processor.

4. steelth

well, i didn't know if there were other facts to think of while pairing them.Sry for my noobness , when i looked up the motherboard all i could find were pentium 4's that would go on it. but the socket was the same . so now i know that the socket is all that matters i guess, thx .I have tryed to look this motherboard up on hp website with no luck , i even looked it up on asus website with no luck. I even took out the old processor that was a pentium 4 to make sure it is a 775 socket but it doesn't say anywhere. I read on another forums where a guy said his was a 775 so i'm assuming thats what mine is.

5. tekman42

tekman42 TS Member Posts: 28   +8

6. steelth

woot, thank you sooo very much

7. tekman42

tekman42 TS Member Posts: 28   +8

:) Welcome!