Will this graphics card play GTA?

ttgavenged

I am looking at both the Radeon 6850 and the GTX 560

Radeon 6850: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...words&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pe-_-NA-_-NA

GTX 560: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127592

PLEASE FILL OUT THIS AWESOME FORM?:

Q1, Will both, none, or only one of these games play GTA V at really good settings? :

Q2, For example, GTX 570 vs 580, is there really a reason/difference in quality, or is it just 300-600$ cuz its NEW?:

Q2, Please keep in consideration I ONLY want a new G card for one game, GTA V. I MUST HAVE IT! :) So,if it doesn't do the trick for GTA V when it's out, (late 2012) what will? Keep it under $250 please and also I will but a GC in 4-6 months. (price drops.):

Oh yea... almost forgot my current specs:

Quad core AMD A8-3800 (each is 2.4GHz, rated at 5.40GHz!)
8GB DDR3 RAM
1TB HDD
Genuine Win 7 Home Premium
AMD Radeon HD 6550D

What are your system spec? Is your PSU big enough to power the card?

Q1 - No, medium-high at best
Q2 - yes and they are far from new
Q2.1 - for under $250 your not going to get very high settings at a great framerate. Keep in mind you want to play at 50-60+ fps for great gameplay. Of course you can run the game on ultra across the board on a 6850 but @ 12-20 fps.

Nobody knows how the game is going to run under current hardware give that, you know...it's not out yet. I'd make an educated guess and say that, if it's anything like the GTAIV port, it'll be more CPU than GPU heavy, so your quad-core processor pretty much has you ready to go. If graphics performance is, say, similar but slightly more intensive than GTAIV, both the HD6850 and the GTX560 would be enough to run the game with high details at 1920x1080.

But of course, this is just speculation on my part. Wait until the game is closer to release, but seeing as how GTAV is going to be primarily a console game, I don't expect that Rockstar will be doing things much differently than with GTAIV.

save up some more money and get a 6950, gtx570, or wait for radeon 7800 series. Im assuming that it woth run very well on pc's for the first few weeks, untill they'll patch it, because it will be ported from consolololes, and like Buckshot420 said, you wont get good performance from a 250 dollar GPU

I'm always reluctant to ask what display people use. You may not need high settings if your display won't take advantage of the extra resolution. What display are you using and what resolutions are you capable of? I mean if you are only using a single 20" monitor, then huge graphics would be overkill.

People are quick to judge good settings as being the best settings. One thing is for sure if you don't want the best card, your not going to get the best settings. Now the question is how much you are willing to cut back as far as performance. As Herpaderp mentioned, no one even knows where to scale performance on a game that hasn't been released.

Back