Will this mainboard Boot my processor without update?

By Air7725
Aug 7, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys, im thinking about buying a Asus P5N32-E SLI PLUS and currently own a Intel core2 duo e6650 processor.

The Asus P5N32-E SLI PLUS supports the the 1333mhz intel processor but I think it needs a bios update for that support...

Heres my question.

Im wondering if the Mainboard will boot with the e6650 even without the bios update?
    cause otherwise i wont be able to update the mainbaord to support the processor in the first place.

If i cant boot it with the e6650 i think ill just get a p35 chipset board.

Thanks for anyone who replys
  2. KingCody

KingCody TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,568   +7

support for 1333MT/s FSB started with BIOS version 0802.

if your BIOS version is higher than that then you'll be fine. if your BIOS version is lower than that then you'll need a 1066MT/s or 800MT/s CPU installed to update the BIOS (unless the older BIOS will default the CPU to 1066MT/s FSB?)

if you haven't bought the mobo yet, then check with the store you're buying it from first to see which BIOS version it has on it. version 0802 began on 3/20/07.

:wave:
  3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.