Will z-5500 work with integrated sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twite

hi, i just ordered the-5500 5.1 speaker system for my comp and wondering if it will work with my integrated sound on my ic7 motherboard. I am unfamiliar with sound cards so help would be great.I went to the abit website and this is what i found out

Audio
- 6-Channel AC 97 CODEC on board
- Professional digital audio interface supports S/P DIF optical In/Out

As i said i am not sure exactly what this means so help would be great

Those speakers support input from digital coax and optical so you should be fine.

Determine whether your speakers are digital or analog and if your card is the same.

If they match it should work.

It'll work but when you buy speakers like the Z-5500, you don't use them with opnboard sound (even if the onboard sound is Via Envy or Creative Audigy based). Get a proper dedicated sound card to get the most of those speakers.

It'll work if you're not too fussy with the sound output, but like didou said, a real sound card is much better...

if you speakers dont connect via a digital source like optical/coaxal (best) then set up your sound card to output to 5.1 mode (which will disable your microphone and line in inputs), then connect it directly. otherwise, if the speaker has a stereo to 5.1 converter built in then use that (not the best option)

i just picked up the creative audigy 4 and it all sounds great..thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back