Win 7 64-bit & multiple sound cards - can I do that?

Savage1701

I don't do a lot of audio stuff with Win 7, but I would like to know this:

My MB, a LanParty board, has built-in audio. I typically have 4 audio feeds out of it at once - push audio news, seminar room audio, and maybe some music. I understand I can mix these at the sound control panel, and I do. However, I would like to be able to send 1 or 2 of these sources through a separate audio card and to separate amplified speakers.

Can I do this under Win 7 and, say, have audio feeds 1 and 2 go out through my LanParty onboard audio to one set of amplified speakers, and then send sources 3 and 4 to, say, a PCI-based or USB-based audio dongle connected to a second pair of speakers.

Sound quality is NOT an issue. These are voice quality, for the most part, being used in a work setting.

I appreciate all responses except "Why?" ones. I want to because it's my first choice of how I want to handle my sounds. So, please, don't ask me "Why would you want to do that when you can use the Win 7 mixer and a single sound card?" or "Why are you trying to listen to 4 sources at once?"

I just want to know if I can do that, and, if so, how do I assign a sound from a source, such as Hotcomm or Citrix GoTo or Adobe Connect, to a specific card.

Back