Win 7 64bit BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonEB03

I keep getting the BSOD when I try to execute any of my PC games. Sometimes I dont get it (rarely) and they work, but for the most time, it's every time. The following is the report i pulled up from each time.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem
032110-18033-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml

View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80002A8BA13
BCP3: FFFFF88007352E80
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

PLease, help what does this mean, how do i solve the problem?

Jason, your BSOD is being caused by Bugcheck 0x3B, memory corruption issue while running process arma2.exe (Armed Assault II, I think).

Just one minidump can't really provide a definitive answer towards resolution of your issue. However, to start with, please run memtest, and run it for at least 12 passes (will take long time to do so). In case memtest finds errors, you will have to isolate that RAM module, in that case, run memtest on one module at a time.

If you have more minidumps, or get more BSODs with minidumps please post these, and keep things updated with regard to your progress.

I ran the test with the program you suggested above; as well as running the Windows memory test.

The windows memory test was far more extensive, scanning with two passes: MATS + (cache disabled), Stride38, WSCHCKR, WSTRIDE-6, CHCKR4, WCHCKR3, ERAND, Stride 6 (cache disabled), and CHCKR8.

All showed no errors with my RAM. What next?

I uploaded all the Minidumps into three separate zip files (because of the 200kb limited on file size), each minidump zip file has about 3-5 dmp files.

Attachments

• minidump1.zip
    188.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Minidump2.zip
    195.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Minidump3.zip
    87.8 KB · Views: 1
I have had time to review five minidumps so far, three of these were pointing to arma2.exe as earlier, with same error for all the five dumps, i.e. memory corruption. Now, that you have ran memtest and windows memory test utility, and found no errors, without any errors, that may rule out the RAM except for one bit; what are voltage settings/timings for the RAM in your motherboard's BIOS? Also what PSU you have in this system.

I will analyze the remaining dumps ASAP, and will update this same post. Regards

Edit:
Alright, I have gone through all of your dumps, and same situation 0x3b error citing memory corruption (same process as well i.e. arma2.exe).

Now in addition to above, please keep in mind sometimes even bad RAM can pass memory tests.

One last bit, have you applied the latest patch for Armed Assault 2, with regard to compatibility with windows 7 x64?

I checked the BIOS. the ram is running at 1.5v.

Full Specs:
Processor: q9550
Ram: DDR3 1333mhz 4GB (two 2GB sticks)
PSU: 1000w Coolermaster Silent pro
Mother Board: EVGA 790i FTW
VIdeocard(s): Nividia 8800 Ultras (2 Bridged SLI)
Hard Drive: WD Velociraptor 300gb

I have the 1.05 patch for ARMA 2, but I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about(i believe the 1.05 patch is the latest one they have out). In addition, I tried to play COD4 MW2, and it has given me a BSOD, it should be in one of those minidumps.

What is the make/model of your RAM modules?

Can you please tell me when your system crashes, i.e. immediately if you starts a game, of once you have played it for a while?

I click on the application link, it loads the game to the main menu fine. Then when I click on multiplayer that's when it crashes bsod. For the cod4 it crashed bsod as soon as I tried to load the game.

Side note: sometimes it doesn't crash and I can play arma2 fine; however, more often than not it goes bsod.

Make of the RAM is Patriot, it's DDR3 1333mhz ( two 2gb sticks)

Please download OCCT (3.1) , and test your graphic card's memory as well.

Another thing I would suggest is, update your graphic card drivers, after uninstalling the current ones, cleaning any remaining leftovers with driver cleaner.

The occt program ran the GPU: OCCT test with no errors... I couldn't run the GPU mem test though, it wouldn't allow me to use that option.

Attachments

• GPU OCCT1.zip
    135 KB · Views: 1
  • GPU OCCT2.zip
    165.6 KB · Views: 1
I am tilting more towards some software issue, however, atm my own pc is uh kinda dead; and I am trying to figure out how to revive it ;)

Good thing is now I know why it dies in this weird way; so I may be able to rectify that.

Anyway, I will try to get back to you soon.

However, in the meanwhile, i would suggest you to backup your data as precaution, then download and run CCleaner and get rid of any unwanted stuff in registry etc.

You're not going to believe this (rookies mistake); It was the driver; however, I didn't think it was because after I completed my computer, i updated all the drivers. I did a little research on the driver, and nividia said they we're getting alot of complaints about their "new," driver that I had installed. So I downloaded their even newer one (only a couple days old).

Downloaded new Driver
Uninstalled Old driver
Restarted Windows in safemode
Ran Driver Clean, then selected Nvidia, and cleared all the remaining driver files
Restarted in regular windows mode
Installed the New Driver
Restarted agai

SCRATCH THAT....................................................... PROBLEM STILL OCCURRING.....................

I dont know what to do...

I even tried uninstalling, restarting, installing, restarting, installing latest patch. restarting, then playing, I still get the same error.

Attachments

• new minidump.zip
    183.9 KB · Views: 1
Exactly same errors as above; considering what we have so far tried to solve this, my suggestions are:

1. Replace your graphic cards, and use some other temporarily and see what happens, please remember to uninstall the installed drivers before doing so.

2. Try using your system with one RAM Module at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back