Win 7 BSOD BCCode: 19 - 10 crashes since new years :(

ben4uf

Hello all, came across this forum while running some searches and decided to join since there appears to be plenty of helpful and friendly knowledge.

Can someone please help diagnose what is causing my recurring BSODs?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 19
BCP1: 00000020
BCP2: 8560D000
BCP3: 8560D300
BCP4: 08600000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

I have also attached the 5 most recent mini dumps and a screen shot of what happens when it is experiencing the issue. After reading a few similar threads it seems it might be a bad memory issue but I'd like to have your input.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    125.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG00594-20101112-0943.jpg
    IMG00594-20101112-0943.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 8
Your issue is with the McAfee firewall driver mpfp.sys. McAfee is not very good so if you want uninstall it and then use their special removal tool to make sure your system does not have any left over drivers.

Or you could try updating to the latest McAfee offerings.

thanks for the input. is it possible to disable just the mcafee firewall that is causing the issue? or do i need to remove the whole suite entirely?

i've since upgraded it, but it still crashed once. :(

if remove entirely, what is the preferred antivirus/security software out there for most?

First, there are many of us that prefer what we call the layered method of security as opposed to one suite approach, i.e. all internet security under one product vs. security products from different vendors (layered). [ As a side note, my mom runs the $ security suit from Kaspersky and if does very well for her. Norton was a nightmare for her.]

For example, in my current XP SP3 rig (waiting on AMD's Bulldozer) my security are $ versions because I like the extra options: NOD32 4.0 for antivirus, Superantispyware (love the configuration options) and Online Armor firewall.

$ Antivirus that are Tier 1: Eset NOD32, Kaspersky, Avast, and Avira Antivir. My wife runs the $ version of Avast on her laptop. All of these are light on system resource demands and long on security.

Free Antivirus: Avast and Avira. Both are very good and update daily. I run Avast Free on two laptops and our family's second PC.

Antispyware/Malware: Superantispyware (SAS) and Malwarewarebytes. Both $ and free versions. SAS free must be updated manually as does Malwarebytes. They can work together. They are excellent.

Firewalls: F-Secure, Comodo, and Online Armor (there are others). The latter two have free versions. I am not sure if OA works with all versions of Windows.

Hello again, I had a problem with BSOD crashes on my toshiba laptop and was told it was likely due to norton. since then I have removed it and installed avast per recommendations, but have still had about a dozen crashes in the past 3 months.

I've attached the last few minidumps as well as a few of the ones prior to removing norton to see if someone can help diagnose the issue.

is it faulty ram? how can I test for this?

many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    183.4 KB · Views: 2
First, it was McAfee and not Norton if I recall correctly.

Second, your minindump files are of two camps: Three from January and the remaining from April and May. Are there minidump files from February and March?

Third, as per your most recent dumps your issue is with memory corruption. Therefore you’ll need to run Memtest on your RAM.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version which is 4.20. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

There is a Tutorial: How to use Memtest in our Guides and Tutorials forum; follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

Yes, you're correct it was mcafee. I had norton before that.

I've attached a zip with some minidumps from feb and march too.

I'll go download and burn memtest per your suggestion and let you know how it goes.

thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Attachments

• Feb&March-minidumps.zip
    177.5 KB · Views: 2
Back