TechSpot

Win 7 BSOD graphics card related (dxgkrnl.sys)

By mudsliptones
Oct 10, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hy,

I'm gonna tell you what happened with my computer...

I was playing deus ex human revolution and from time to time I got a BSOD. Sinc it was really sometimes and not allot I didn't bother to check wich error came back.
    I then started playing some other games without problems, but then I bought Rage. I installed it and it didn't work. I installed the latest catalyst drivers (11.9) and tryed the game. Game started up but crashed again later on, but thats not the issue.
    I went on to play a game that was already installed, and been playing it the days before without problem. When suddenly I get a BSOD... I get one everytime I restarted the game.
    So I figured the catalyst driver was false, so uninstalled, installed the previous one...
    Computer didn't booted up, again BSOD. Safe mode worked. The I started reverting back to an older image (I take acronis back ups) Same problem, either a BSOD on boot, right before the welcome screen, or a BSOD in windows when I try to open firefox(!!!!) Explorer does work however...
    So I formatted the entire drive, fresh win7 install, installed the 11.8 drivers (wich I knew worked) and yet...the same BSOD on start up or when starting firefox...

I am at a loss here.
    I installed bluescreenview, so take a look at the minidump. I tryd uploading it but the size is to big... so please check the attachment

I already cleaned out every dust particle from the comp. I took out some Ram modules.

My specs are:
    Samsung 500Gb 7200rpm SATA II 16Mb (502LJ)
    Corsair 4096MB DDR2 800Mhz XMS6400 (2x 2Gb)
    ASUS P5Q-E,s775 ATX,P45,DDR2,PCI-E
    Intel Quad Core Q9550 (2.83GHz,1333MHz,12MB,BOXED)
    SAMSUNG 22x DVD-Rewriter (S223F) zwart SATA
    ASUS EAH4870 X2/HTDI/2Gb DDR3,2xDVI,HDMI,PCI-E

Attached Files:

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.