Win 7 x64 and Firefox

By dubwise78
Oct 21, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. At last, Amazon have sent me my Win 7 discs (shipped early in the UK to avoid postal strike). I opted for 64 bit vsn, as I have had a new 64- bit PC in the box, for 2 months, waiting. Installed fine (if you have peripheral wireless keyboard/ mouse make sure to connect, insert disc and re- boot, other wise no mouse to use install menu). Just wondering if there is a solid Firefox vsn for Win 7 x64? I've seen a vsn called Minefield? Any good? or is it better to use latest 32- bit vsn? Cheers and happy win7 day!
  2. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,280   +23

Minefield is still not a final version; I wouldn't use it personally.

I find Firefox to be the fastest browser though, mainly due to the Adblock Plus and NoScript add-ons. Also, I use KeyScrambler Personal for an extra layer of security. With these, pages load faster than ever before. The difference in performance is quite noticeable IMO.
  3. dubwise78

dubwise78 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanx Rage, I thought Minefield might be unproven and I will try your recomended add ons
  4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.