TechSpot

Win 7 x64 & Vista x64 BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

By cipicu86
Apr 18, 2009
  1. Hi guys?
    I recently aquired a HP HDX 16 notebook PC with this configuration (intel c2d 7450@2133MHz, 4gb ram, 9600m gt, fujitsu 320gb hdd) an I have the problem mentioned in the title...I receive this error only when I'm surfing the web and I have a movie started in the same time (movie in kmplayer not an youtube movie or something like that). I thought the problem was related to vista so i instaled win7 but the problem persists.I use the same drivers on both OS's (the ones from the official HP website). I also tried several generic drivers from intel,nvidia sites but I still get the BSOD...the same BSOD every time that mentions the irql_not_less_or_equal error but does not point to any file that causes the error.

I ran memtest for about 3 complete passes and i got 0 errors, i also checked the disk for errors and it's clean. I tested these procedures with HP bios diagnostic tests al well and no error. Sistem temps are also good for a notebook, speedfan and everest report temps under 40 degrees C so I think that the problem is almost certain software related.

I attached the minidump and a log(not shure how accurate is this log because I don't really know how to work with windbg...I just followed instructions from another site).

View attachment 47101

Please help me with this error, I'd really apreciate it...and please excuse my english:)

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,171   +37

nwifi.sys was cited as the problem which belongs to Microsoft. One solution was to correct the registry of this driver.

Do a google search and determine the best recourse for you. It does have to do with WiFi connections and it might be your hardware and not software/drivers.I would also go to HP's website and update the latest drivers for your model.

3. cipicu86

cipicu86 TS Rookie Topic Starter

happened again today while I was watchin a movie dvd from an ultraiso virtual drive...same error

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.