Win Black Edition - sound card not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not very computer savy and I have grown quite frustrated with having this Windows Black edition put onto my computer and finding out I have no sound at all. I am not sure where to even begin on how to fix it and nobody that I know seems to have any answers or suggestions on where to start to fix this problem. I am not sure on what information you need on giving me some assistance/suggestions on how to possibly get the sound to work again.

TIA,
CQ

It seems to me you need to install the sound "card" driver. I used quotations because I don't know if you have integrated sound or a separate card. Actually, I don't know anything about your PC.

Isn't Windows Black a pirated version? Usually comes with good share of malware.

i had experienced it several times such a problem under XP Home,XP PRO and Vista Business. I guess XP Blacjk is not that different from XP Pro .All what u need to do is let us know wether your card is integrated or not .

I have the Creative SB0410 card. I have tried to install the drivers for it last night and I get error messages of saying that my OS is not compatible with the drivers I was trying to install. I DL'd the Win Xp drivers for the card and still nothing.

Not so much malware as it's just bloated with all sorts of non-malicious junk you don't need. There are a lot of these versions floating around and I guess they are more problematic than they are worth, not to mention it's infringement. If the OS is 32-bit and neither the Home or Pro drivers work, I'm not sure what to tell you. I would reformat with a genuine copy of XP and go from there.

Not so much malware as it's just bloated with all sorts of non-malicious junk you don't need. There are a lot of these versions floating around and I guess they are more problematic than they are worth, not to mention it's infringement. If the OS is 32-bit and neither the Home or Pro drivers work, I'm not sure what to tell you. I would reformat with a genuine copy of XP and go from there.

Excellent post. Everyone that I have worked with here or read other posts here that had the Black addition had nothing but problems. Another issue is missing aspects of the OS. A genuine copy is the the answer as EXCellR8 states.

Sometimes you get what you pay for. Sometimes you get more. Sometimes you get less.

Why would anyone expect a pirated version as an operating system to do everything the paid version is suppose to do? And just because a lot of people use these pirated OS or programs doesn't make them any better.

We spend a lot of time cleaning malware of of systems that have file sharing programs installed. And we always suggest those programs be uninstalled. I'm had pressed to understand why someone steals software- whether it's a program or operating system- then comes and posts about fixing the problems they have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back