Win XP Blue Screen at Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surfing the net last night and everything froze for about two seconds. I couldn't even see the mouse move. Then the screen would turn black and slowly fade back in. It would do this repetitively more and more quickly. At first I thought the problem was with my monitor, so I turned it off. But it continued. It was late last night, so I turned off the computer and went to bed hoping to deal with it in the morning.

I turned on the computer this morning and I get the same blue screen that I've been reading up on; you can't get on any modes including safemode!

The problem is that I'm a musician and an artist. I write club, dance and electro music and all of my projects and work is saved on this computer. I can't lose this. The blue screen told me that my problem could be that my HDD is corrupted, or that a virus / malware is causing me the problem. Another friend of mine said it might have to do with the bootup drivers.

Please, if anyone can help, how can I fix this without losing any of my data?
If it helps at all, I have another HDD on the computer being used as a slave drive.
I'm running with an AMD Athlon 2x Duo Core 3800+. Abit drivers and a uGuru panel if it helps at all.

Thanks alot,

Frankie

What video card do you have installed and is it's fan working? If it is the harddrive and/or infections you can take your harddrive and slave it into another system. Then that system can access your harddrive run diagnostics as well as scan for infections. Do you have any tech savvy friends who can do this for you?

What video card do you have installed and is it's fan working? If it is the harddrive and/or infections you can take your harddrive and slave it into another system. Then that system can access your harddrive run diagnostics as well as scan for infections. Do you have any tech savvy friends who can do this for you?

I have an Nvidia 5400 GT if I remember correctly. I barely used it to be honest. I am not the gaming type. As far as I know, the fans are fully functional. However, I was thinking: Can my uGuru overclock setup be messing up the computer? It's a software overclocker that came with the uGuru panel and I just fiddled around until I got satisfactory settings. (My fans recieved more power, but ran slightly slower, and made alot less noise).

I'll try and hook up my harddrive at a friend's house. Hopefully I can scan it and save most of my files. As long as I can manage to back everything up, reinstalling windows won't be a problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back