Win XP log on dialog does not display

Status
Not open for further replies.

maXimus4444

Hello TS,

I have a workstation that will boot up correctly until it gets to the point where the logon dialog box would be displayed. (Actually it would be the window that says press ctrl-alt-delete to logon)

I then attempted to boot into safe mode. The same problem comes up. It will display the background but it won't get past that point.

I am able to move the mouse. (Not sure if that helps)

Asus P5GZ-MX - mobo
1 GB Ram
40 GB Maxtor Sata HDD
Intel Pentium D 2140
Windows XP Pro SP3

thanks
maX

I Cant understand what u are telling.Actually Logging screen display or not.? If logging screen display wht is the error massage shows, Please tell clearly.

@dhanushka83
The PC boots past the windows loading screen. As soon as the default blue background appears nothing else happens. It doesn't display the window that gives you instructions to press CTRL+ALT+DEL. Therefore, I cannot logon to the computer.

@kimsland
I also tried that as well to no avail.

It really sounds like a corrupted hardware driver or a bad piece of hardware inside the computer... Like a modem, extra USB or another PCI card

If you can get to command prompt using a windows 98 boot disk you might be able to navigate to your C drive and run the command "control userpasswords2" which should allow you to configure your login. http://wiki.ljackson.us/Control_Userpasswords2

Its a shot in the dark because im not sure you can run it at such a low level. You might need to get into safe mode with command prompt to run it. so you would just boot into safe mode with command prompt and type "control userpasswords2" if you have the correct privileges you should be able to configure it from there. That should allow you to bypass the log in screen and go straight to desktop.

Good luck and gods speed.
Cougar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back