TechSpot

Win XP Pro Video quit working

By dyeman
Jan 8, 2010
  1. Greetings,
    I recently added a 2nd HD (1TB Segate Barracuda) to my system (Asus P5B MB, 80g hd, 3ghz Intel P4, 3gig ram, ATI Radeon X1900 dual port graphic card.) To make a long story shorter, I installed windows XP Pro on new drive with only 1 monitor connected to my system at the time and had no problems. I was able to update Internet Explorer and Download a few items. I shut the system down and reconnected 2nd video device (TV) and upon restart to new drive neither video device was seeing a video signal. Of course I tried going back to 1 monitor, swapping ports, shutting down,etc with no luck. Both video devices still work on booting to original drive. Any suggestions.

Thanks
    dyeman

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Any errors in the Device Manager?

3. dyeman

dyeman TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 31

Nope, but I figured it out thank you. I booted in safe mode with vga support and downloaded drivers for the graphics card. All is well now....so far

Thank You
    ds

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.