Win10 clients not connecting to 2016 SE via connector software

AKHandyman

A while ago, I had several Win10 clients connecting to my 2016SE machine for backups. Sometime after a windows update (Possible 1809 ver.) the clients quit connecting. I've tried uninstalling the connector software and reinstalling it, but every client fails to finish connecting to server. I've searched the Tech-net base on MS's site, but luck. Anyone heard of or come across this f-ing problem?

The 2016 SE is a server machine, so sadly I fear little experience here on TS with that environment. you might try M$ support

If the service is running on both sides one thing to try it to completely disable the firewall on each device to see if they connect. If they do not with the firewall disabled there is a problem beyond networking higher up the 7 layer stack.

It's still a mystery as all machines were communicating with server pre-1809,1903 update. Now all 7 machines can't access server (I.e. shared folders, back-ups, etc.) Just uninstalling, re-installing connector hasn't worked (suggested remedy by MS). I'm leaning now towards the server. Will continue to look for answers. Thanks for the reply ...

Back