TechSpot

Win2k Question

By GhostFace
May 20, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I recently installed Win2k on my pc. After a week or so this box started popping up when I rebooted or shutdown my pc. This box says "Saving System Settings". My question is, why is it doing this now when it never did that before, and how can I stop this from happening without messing something up?
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 837

Did you install the Q329170 Security Update? Remove it and you'll go back to quick shutdowns.
  3. GhostFace

GhostFace TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ok the only way I can find it is by running a search. It's not in Add/Remove Programs, and I didn't find it by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc. So now how do I remove it?

BTW thx for helping.
  4. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 837

If you've installed all the Windows 2000 patches then you'll have it and you'll find it in Add/Remove under one of the Windows 2000 Hotfixes. If you haven't installed all the patches then you have registry problems and windows spends up to a minute trying to unload the registry to shutdown but can't, then it gives up and shuts down anyway.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.