Win2k

By techuser
Jan 15, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi
    I am a trying to add a computer(which was a part of other domain...but anymore) to my existing Domain.
    When I connect my PC..I have done some troubleshhoting but no use.
    It says cant find the DC. I can see the Domain in Network browsing and I have added my user name / Computer name to Domain. I can ping loopback add, ping other machine on the same subnet with Ip Add., can ping my gateway too. But when I try to Network Id ..it says Domain does not exist or cant be contacted.
    Any Advise .....????
    thanks
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

Define a WINS server in your network configuration if you are using a NT4 domain.
    Don't leave the NetBIOS over TCP/IP to auto detection, enable it.
    Turn off any firewalls you may have working.

Have you removed the computer from the other domain? You have to set the machine to belong to a workgroup, then reboot, set it to the new domain.
  3. techuser

techuser Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 30

I am in Win 2000 environment mixed with XP Pro. And this one is Win2K desktop under Windows 2000 Server.
    Yes I have removed it from other domain. I have removed the gateway and can surf Internet/see and ping other computers.
    Thanks
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.