Win32/heur and APPL/ACLSet. Running two operating systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two operating systems on my computer, Vista SP2 (C drive) and Windows 7 (E drive). I was running Norton 360, version 3.0 on the Vista. I recently discovered Win32/heur took over my Norton and has been running a tear on me ever since.

Approximately one week ago my computer started having the BSOD when I tried starting Vista. Luckily my Win 7 was working just fine, therefore from Win 7, I scanned my entire hard drive with AVG and it found Win32/heur in Vista's C drive. I deleted the virus, but Vista still gave me a BSOD. Vista would not start in Safe mode, nor did the windows utility work to fix the start up.

Prior to the infection I ran a Vista file back up. I reinstalled the Vista operating system on the C drive from the hard drive partitioned "factory_image," (D drive) thinking that would wipe out the C drive and start me fresh. I did not delete the Windows 7 operating system because AVG did not show any infections in that drive.

After the Vista install, I updated all the security patches, including SP2. I ran an AVG scan from Windows7 again and there was no sign of win32/heur. Therefore, I reinstalled Norton 3.0 360 (what a mistake) and restored all my files on to the Vista drive. Norton 360 scan came back clean.

Last night, one week since the reinstall, I ran the AVG scan from Win 7 and there was win32/heur again. Both files were located in Norton folders.

I uninstalled Norton 360. I installed Avira, and followed the eight steps.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SuperAntispyware did not detect anything, but Avira detected 3 different viruses, which I deleted.

I attached the logs. Can you please review them and let me know if there are other issues that need to be addressed? In addition, do you think it's possible that my back-up file created through Vista is infected. If so, how would I fix that without losing my data. Thank you.

Pupdog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back