Win32/heur infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinji777

Hello again. Unfortunately the win32/heur problem has returned. My AVG 8.0 detected it two days ago. I've followed the 8 steps, & would appreciate whatever help you can offer. I've attached the files you request to be able to determine what steps to take. Thank you.

Absent any symptoms, reoccurence of the malware may indicate you revisited a web site. Are the two events showing similarities?

Noted in HJT scan; user choice;
To investigate > start > run > desk.cpl > desktop > customize desktop > web > properties > 'delete' is an option.
Code:
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - http://www.matrix.com/images/hairstyles/short/short_12.jpg

When I enter (desk.cpl > desktop > customize desktop > web > properties) I get the "Display Properties" window with a view of my current background theme named "My Current Theme (Modified)" which I got in the themes availabilities. Please note that I'm a real newbie, so please pardon whatever ignorance in this field you may discover from me. Thanks!

Newbie for you; inexperience describes me. Desktop is the next tab over from 'themes'. My 'express' notation gives brief landmarks for you to look for, and hpoefully arrive where the action happens.

Personally I have never called a web page for an alternative desktop. The o24 url is not a valid link from my computer. Selecting this from the list should give the option to delete.

Since there is no file on the computer for this desktop, HJT will also accomplish the same.
Scan with HJT > tick the O24 entry > Fix selected.

Thank you so much. It's done, & all seems well. Best Wishes & Happy Holidays to you & yours, along with everyone at Techspot who give so generously of their time!
Sinji777

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back