Win7 + backing up data from all system drives?

Deviouz

I got Win7 X64 running on a 120GB RevoDrive PCIe SSD and a few 1TB+2TB WD HDD's for data storage + a 600GB WD VR for workload tasks..

Whats the best program or method to keep everything backed up encase any drive starts going bad or decides to die..?

I would like to have everything on all of my system drives constantly backed up + synced onto dedicated backup HDD's + have the ability to backup/keep deleted files from each system drive into a specified [DELETED] folder on each of the backup HDD's just encase I accidentally delete a file that I later need to get back..!!!

So my setup would look like this:
120GB RevoDrive SSD: {-BackUp To--> 1TB WD HDD
600GB WD VR HDD: {-BackUp To--> 2TB WD HDD
2TB WD HDD: {-BackUp To--> 2TB WD HDD

Could anyone recommend any good programs that can accomplish what I am wanting to do here..?

First of all, are all of your discs actually full to capacity?

I use Seagate Disc Wizard (its basically Acronis True Image), to backup my data, as well as doing weekly DVD-DL backups of important data.

I'm not sure if this is what your wanting, so I'm not going to recommend it, as I do manual backups, as I prefer to do it myself, and take snapshot's so to speak.

My setup:

1x Crucial 256GB SSD (OS, games and software)
1x 1 TB HDD (used for media, and other backups (my SSD backup is here too)
1x 500 GB HDD (purely for backups, and othing else)

I just backup my entire 1TB hard disc to my 500GB hard disc. This then covers every backup image of the computers in the house, a monthly backup of my SSD (it contains no personal data), and all my documents/pictures/music/videos etc. I do this once a week, replacing the existing backup. I suppose I could do a incremental backup, but it scewed up once so I'm very hesitant ever doing it again, hence doing it manually.

My point in all this is, is it really neccessary to have so many backup locations? I'd just take one 2TB HDD, and use that as your backup location, for backup files only.

If your SSD is purely for OS and installations (e.g. software/games) only, is it really neccessary to do a continious incremental backup when its not really changed that much? I only do it once a month purely because worst case scenario I'll need to do a few updates, and install a new piece of software > It's no big deal when compared to doing a complete fresh install.

First of all, are all of your discs actually full to capacity?
NO - this is a New Rig I just Setup and all the HDD's are still Blank
Only the SSD has the OS+Apps on it right now..

Is it really necessary to have so many backup locations?
For me - YES, can never be too SAFE or Certain of when any Drive might Fail..!!!

But anyways, can you recommend any good programs that can accomplish what I am wanting to do here..?

Back