Window installer problem with multifunctional officejet 4215HP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not able to install Adobe because "another installation is in progress. I can't cancel the previous effort to install PhotoGallery, nor will it allow me to install a new version of Window Installer cleanup. What I most recently was the program designed to resolved the difficulty - "Windows Installer cleanup setup". It seems ironic that is was prevented from installation.

My screen states:

"Error 1706 No valid source could be for for product PhotoGallery. the Windows Installer cannot continue."
It continues to try to install and continue to try to cancel the installation, but to no avail. I think that PhotoGallery may be a part of the hp officejet 4215 all-in-one printer, or is could come from Adobe Photoshop. What can I do to get past this? I network with my wife's laptop and she has a similar problem. Thanks for reading this.

A a day later and I can install NOTHING. Because, it tells me that another installation is in progress. That previous installation, which I do not recall asking for has been interrupted and will not be cancelled; I can't shut down the computer properly, but have to force the shutdown. I am an older person with very limited technical skill and knowledge, living in a foreign country. Lend me you advice, if not sympathy.

A solution

I restored the system to the way it was a month ago and it took away the problem -for now. Thanks for reviewing my painful situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back