Window trailing

Hell'o folks.

I'm new to this site, but liked the help that people were getting here so I joined the forum.

I have a windows trailing problem with some flashing white screen. When I size down a window to move it across the screen, it has a string of windows following it, anywhere from 5 to 20, then they clear up after coming to a stop. Some times I get a flashing white screen while moving the window.

I have replaced the drivers and even downloaded the ones from this site but still have the problem. I have had the graphics card replaced along with the monitor. The laptop is only about 2yrs old. I have worked with the Dell tech support, but the problem still exist. Following are my laptop specs:

Studio 1558, Windows 7 64Bit, Q720, 1.60Ghz, 450 gig hard drive, 6 gig Ram, ATI Radeon HD 5400, DirectX 11, A12.

I can still work in the computer, but it's annoying to have the screen flash at times and have the windows leave a trail of itself while moving them around.

Thanks for your time.

Dan

If you have a valid windows key and disk I would recommend putting a fresh install of windows on it. Should clear everything up. Sounds like something is using a lot of your memory ie. spyware.

Thanks for the reply Buckshot420.

I will give that a try-reinstalling Windows. I currently use ZoneAlarm full suite. I haven't encountered any spyware, worms that I know of. But just in case, it doesn't hurt to reinstall Windows to make sure. Now if I do have some spyware, will reinstalling get rid of them?

Thanks for your time.

Dan

as long as you are doing a clean install, not a repair. Be sure to back up any files and drivers you may need as you will be reformatting the HDD.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did the complete install and it worked. No more trailing or flashing. Whatever it was, it's gone, hopefully it stays gone.

Thanks again.

Dan

Back