Window xp keeps dying. Please Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system kept shutting down and would not give me an error message. A webpage would come up and is would say it was a Windows Stop Error but it could not be identified and sometime it would indicate it was a driver that could not be identified. I called Toshiba and was told to reload my operating system with their recovery CD. I tried this and found out that due to Hard drive encryption my drive would not reformat. So, I purchased a new 120 gig HD. I loaded the recovery cd and started updating XP. Then it shut down again during one of the updates. This was the codes I got:

BCCode: 10000050 BCP1: FF2B1C60 BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 804F553A BCP4: 00000000 OSVer: 5_1_2600
SP: 2_0 Product: 265_1

I will attache the files it created to send to Microsoft.

Then, after the reboot, I used it a little while and was updating to IE7 and I got a message that the computer was going to shut down in 60 seconds and the cause was a NTAuthority/System in the Windows\System32 and it was file lsass.exe and there was a code of -2147483641.

I read on the forum and saw it might be a virus so I rebooted and did a virus scan on boot-up. Nothing was found.

I have updated the operating system, I have replaced the hard drive, I have been given bad information from Toshiba and I need some help!! Can someone please tell me what is going on with this laptop. It is my only computer and I desperatly need it for work.

Both minidumps point to ntoskrnl.exe which could be a seriously corrupt file system but since you replaced the hard drive and the operating system it could be faulty memory modules. Since the computer is DOA i would borrrow a memory module of the same type and see if the computer runs with it. It could be another hardware fault in the motherboard. If it's a company laptop bring it to a technician to go through all the steps to diagnose the problem for you. If you have more minidumps, zip them up with Winzip and attach them to this thread. It's harder to diagnose with only two minidumps.

http://tinyurl.com/2o3okc (memtest) if you can run it.

More errors

Well it crashed again with the blue screen. The first one said PFN_List_Corrupt then the next one was Page_Fault_in_Non_Paged_Area

I ran the memory test and I got this:

Memory error detected! Copying between 39f939 and 39f866 did not result in an accurate copy. Then another one popped up and it said the smae thing but with 3a7939 and 3a.... the computer with to the Page fault error.

It is looking like the memory may be bad????

I am attaching more dumps.

The only thing I have installed on this laptop is Avast Antivirus, Office 2007 Enterprise and Windows XP with all the updates on all.

Please let me know what you all think on this....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back