Windows 10 Creators update link is back online

I used this route instead of waiting for Windows update because for about two months I have been unable to get a large cumulative update for the Anniversary edition to install. I even disabled Windows update to stop the computer regularly wasting large chunks of time trying to install it. As this seemed likely to be a problem with moving to the new version I used the Microsoft links which are there to help you get the Creators edition more quickly. I was impressed with how it went and have updated my four computers including the problem desktop.

I used this route instead of waiting for Windows update because for about two months I have been unable to get a large cumulative update for the Anniversary edition to install. I even disabled Windows update to stop the computer regularly wasting large chunks of time trying to install it. As this seemed likely to be a problem with moving to the new version I used the Microsoft links which are there to help you get the Creators edition more quickly. I was impressed with how it went and have updated my four computers including the problem desktop.
glad to hear it.I had the same issues with anniversary update but the creators update seems to be bahaving so far

All well so far but I have noticed two things with my errant desktop. The time shown was an hour out and I found that there was an automatic setting for daylight saving time that needed to be turned off. Also, the new version is not compatible with Microsoft Home Essentials so the update removed the program. I've no objection to that but every time I start up the computer I get the same message about this. I can't work out how to stop it.

Back