TechSpot

Windows 2000 keeps shutting down

By serraglio
Mar 31, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For a while now, my windows reboots itself without any warning and without me having been able to find a reason. Since it happened on average once a day, it was tolerable. But lately (After installing a USB-card) it went from being once a day, to every 2-3 hours.

I have checked my RAM, it seems to be ok.
    Runinng a disk check doesn't work as it only gets to 80-90% of step 4/5 before the machine gets a BSOD.

specs:
    CPU: AMD XP2600+
    Motherboard: ASUS A7N8X
    Ram Speed, size and #sticks: unsure of speed, 1.5GB, 3 sticks
    GPU: no idea, the graphics card is a Radeon 9550SE
    PSU (do not leave this out): Chieftec ATX 500W PSU For P4 ATX-12V 2.0 EPS 12V 12cm Fan Active PFC (Brand New)

Attaching my latest three dumpfiles of today (All while I was switching around RAM-sticks to see if it would make a difference, and two from a couple of days ago, where the computer was running "normally" as it happened. Any help in diagnosing/fixing this problem will be greatly apriciated.

EDIT: After turning off automatic reboot (Forgot that existed..doh).. It seems to be a BSOD problem.. error Message: *** Stop: 0x00000041 (0x00001000, 0x0000f871, 0x00000703, 0x0004d8b0) MUST_SUCCEED_POOL_EMPTY

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.