windows 2000 pc reboots from bugcheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

riskbreaker

hello all,
i too am having the same problems as other members.
my pc keeps restarting and after checking the error log i get this:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e (0xc0000005, 0x02000000, 0x00000000, 0x02000000). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in: C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini112005-01.dmp.

- or -

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e (0xc0000005, 0xa0027910, 0x00000001, 0x00000000). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in: C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini112705-01.dmp.

i have gotten more, but i had cleared the error log before.
i have formatted and reinstalled windows 2000 with sp4 and only installed the progs. that i had been using all these for quite some time.
i'm still getting the problem though.

i did the checkdisk, and found no error.
and also the ram test.

could someone please help.
i've attached 4 of the dump files.

thanx in advance

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Unfortunately I can`t read your dump files because I`m running XP and the symbols will be wrong for Windows 2000.

However, all is not lost.

Go HERE and follow this short tutorial.

You can then copy and paste the analysis of each minidump into a text file, and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

is it alright for me to disable the windows reboot feature after it detects a bug?

my net connection here in guyana is slow. so i gotta bear up before i can get the tools.

thanx in adv.

Yes you can disable automatic reboot. Instead of your computer rebooting when there`s an error, you will see a blue screen(BSOD), with info as the what may have caused the error.

You might find these 2 links interesting. LINK 1 and LINK 2

Regards Howard :) :)

Hi,

The full dump resolves the kernel symbol and stack trace format problem. Change the dump option from minidump to full dump. Install windows debugging aid. Execute kd and attach the output here.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/05/07/Debugging/

Debugging Tools from Microsoft
1) Create folder c:\symbols
2) Download and install the http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/installx86.mspx
3) Locate your latest memory.dmp file- C:\WINNT\memory.dmp
4) open a CMD prompt and cd\program files\debugging tools for windows\
5) type the following stuff:

Code:
c:\program files\debugging tools>kd -z C:\WINNT\memory.dmp
kd> .logopen c:\debuglog.txt
kd> .sympath srv*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
kd> .reload;!analyze -v;r;kv;lmnt;.logclose;q

You now have a debuglog.txt in c:. Attach debuglog.txt in this thread.

just a little update:

i ran memtest a few more times and found a bunch of errors after running test 5. everytime i ran it since i got the errors on the same test 5.

this proves that my ram is bad right?

i've had it for about 3 years now.
anyway i borrowed a friend's ram and will try that one.
hopefully it works with no errors.

thanx for all the great help guys.
i popped in the ram i borrowed from my friend and so far i've go no problems. well at least 2 days have passed with no problems :D

cheers. :chef:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back