TechSpot

Windows 2000 sp4

By Gizm0_327
May 10, 2006
  1. after sp4 was loaded, when i try to update drivers (any driver) an error come up access deneied. I sign in as administrator checked everything. still no luck.
    anyone ever had same problem.

2. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,018

try to uninstall spk4
    I never liked this pak it gave me nothing but grief
    I would update only the most critical stuff
    you should have the $uninstall for this under windows updates

3. Gizm0_327

Gizm0_327 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I wanted to do that (uninstall sp4) but was unable to find the uninstall anywhere. can you give me a little more information on where it might be the uninstall waht do u mean ($uninstall under windows update)

Thanks

4. WinDoWsMoNoPoLy

WinDoWsMoNoPoLy TS Rookie Posts: 252

I'm not really sure and i can't find it because i dont have automatic updates on here or any SP. Possibly in Add/Remove Programs, or in the Automatic Updates settings screen under control panel.

5. Gizm0_327

Gizm0_327 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi,

ried everythind somehow the uninstall was not loaded, so I reformatted and reinstalled windows 2000 w/sp3 everything ok now and i turned off windows update will only load myself. Thanks for all the help just did not want to start from scratch

6. WinDoWsMoNoPoLy

WinDoWsMoNoPoLy TS Rookie Posts: 252

You can just turn the automatic updates service off in your services.msc. WIth it on it still checks for updates you just dont allow it to download.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.