Windows 2003 64-bit SP2 - Windows NT Data Migration tool error

meghakot

Hi All,

On one of our server we are having profile issues. Whenever someone logs in he gets following error:
After entring credentials, error 'Your profile is loading with temp profile due to not enough space free'. Also on the screen (aftre logon on desktop) we get another error "Windows Host Script" error (Access denied).

I've checked all access permissions and the users who are logging in with domain credentials are members of administrator group and have sufficient rights on registry also.

There is one more local admin ID and whenver we login with that ID we get error
"Windows NT data migration Tool error". On event logs there is an error for faulty application shmgrate.exe.

I've tried downloading a hotfix listed on microsoft site from below link, but that hotfix is not supporetd in current hardware version.
support.microsoft.com/kb/931498

Please suggest..

Poster Unknown9122 in another thread says this : 'try this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us I always get my Windows issues solved here. Microsoft engineers always respond and solve the issue.'

and in the same thread, Darth Shiv says : 'You could try the MSDN forums. There are MS employees and MVPs who read those forums and should be able to help out'

So I am saying the people I know well on Techspot here are pretty hot on PC's, but are not (as a rule) so expert on MS server systems - so the horses mouth could be a better bet. Not to say a casual visitor might not pop up with the answer !!

Back