Windows 7 64-bit bluescreen crash

I just booted up a game (Just Cause 2) I have put over a hundred hours into without issue and after about 2 minuets it had graphical glitches and crashed to desktop. So I loaded it again and it did exactly the same.

However the second time both of my monitors turned off (went onto standby) while sound continued from the game, then after a few seconds the monitors came back on and I had a bluescreen message for a further few seconds (I could only read the 'windows has been shut down to prevent damage' bit in time).

I rebooted the computer and had an error message which I roughly edited together on paint and will attach bellow.

Currently I am running a virus scan and making sure windows and my drivers are up to date. Recently I have installed a few new games but everything seemed to go smothely and it just confuses me that something has so catastrophically interfered with an older game.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 3
Your error is 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed. Try the following...

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Back