Windows 7 64-bit BSOD error BCCode: f4

Swatcats

Any help to what cause this would be awsome. I have done a mem test and a hard drive scan everything seams to be working. I am thinking its the moutherboard or the hard drive.

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    34.7 KB · Views: 2
CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
Ntoskrnl.exe
What programs did you use to test the memory and hard drive?

This is a fresh install of win 7-64bit after installing all the drivers. I installed a game on the computer (Guild Wars 2). start the game login pick my charater then start loading at this point the game stops and the computer locks up I try Ctrl+Alt+Del and it says preparing and nouthing happens the computer seams not to read anything from the hard drive. My moutherboard can run two storage controller drivers, Intel Max Storage and Intel Rapid Storage Technology. I have been using IMS am testing IRST right now.

I tryed the new drivers and that did not help. I whent into BIOS and changed the storage controller from ATCHI to RAID. Windows would blue screen right after the starting windows logo showed up. I Installed Windows agin with the hard drive setup as RAID. Durring the setup it said "Windows Setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware." I am about to take this hard drive back to the store and exchange this for a new one. do you have any other ideas to what could cause this?

How many hard drives do you have installed? If you have only one, ACHI is what you want. If you have 2 or more, you can use the RAID setting. The "Windows Setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware" problem is coming from your storage controller choice. The IRST settings can be changed after Windows is installed

I got the new hard drive installed and it seams to have fixed the problum. Tmagic thx for all the help and taking the time to work with me.

Back