Windows 7 64-bit freezing for 3-5 seconds

Hi,

My computer recently started freezing for 3-5 seconds at random times. For example, while i am typing this it is happening.

It will also freeze more frequently when I am playing games for the same amount of time. It never fully freezes, only for a short period of time.

I recently restored my computer with the restore disc thinking it could be a virus, but it still freezes even after all of that. Could this possibly be cause by a part inside of the computer being loose? I travel often and this computer could have easily been dropped by someone or banged against something.

I dont know if this means anything, but while it freezes i can still move the mouse cursor around, but everything else stops and i cant click anything.

Hope this is enough informaion

Thanks,

Sean

It is an Alienware laptop m15x bought from the website.

Theres nothing on the computer now since i rebooted to factory spec.

Is Windows 7 fully updated and are all the motherboard drivers installed? Do you see any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

Is Windows 7 fully updated and are all the motherboard drivers installed? Do you see any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

It is fully updated.

I recently dropped my computer off at geek squad and they found a loose RAM chip. he said he put it back in but my computer still does the same thing as before.

Now i am completely lost on this.

Could the RAM chip be damaged? or is it time for a new computer?

Take it back to the worthless Geeks and have them troubleshoot it for the problem. They are sales people and not real techs, and you can tell them so, after they try to charge you $250 for this service

Take it back to the worthless Geeks and have them troubleshoot it for the problem. They are sales people and not real techs, and you can tell them so, after they try to charge you $250 for this service

They tried that and failed. it was 70 for the trouble shoot and they didnt even find the problem. i had to suggest it was the RAM chip and thats the only reason they found the problem.

But anyway. =/

If anyone has an idea what it could be. Let me know :p

Back