Windows 7 64 bit (no option for 64-bit color choice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCZElite

So i recentley installed windows 7 64bit and found it very nice indeed and very user friendly. Of course like everything, there is always a problem here in there. In my case its a small one i guess.

The problem i'm having with the 64bit system is i cannot select 64bit as a color choice. The only choices i get is 16bit and 32bit as a selection. Right now i'm using a Nvidia 9500GS Grpahics card which should be able to do 64bit. So is there something in the operating system i need to know about. Or i need a better card for the option of "64bit" display color to show up.

Any help would be awesome!

there is no 64 bit color depth in windows that i know of, if you want more info about what color depth is then read this

Color depth wiki

I thought the reason we have 32bit and 64bit operating system is because of the color choice of 32bit and 64bit as a display output for colors. so what is the true meaning to 32bit and 64bit systems then?

the reason people get 64 bit operating system is so they can access more than 4 gigs of ram, with 32 bit operating system you are limited to around 3 gigs of ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back