TechSpot

Windows 7 and IE 9

By Rawben
Jan 4, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. One year old Desktop running Windows 7, 64 bit. Is there any reason why I shouldn't upgrade to IE 9?

Occassionally I will use Firefox or Google. Have recently downloaded Google Chrome, but haven't use it yet.

There've been times in the past where I've read don't download IE updates for this reason or that, so I felt it best to ask first. :wave:

2. SKYSTAR

SKYSTAR TS Enthusiast Posts: 250

i tried many browsers like Firefox , Google Chrome , IE 8 ,IE 9 , safari and opera , and after that i saw that Firefox is the best

3. Rawben

Rawben TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

I'm think so too! Do you know how to shut off the IE 9 message download? It keeps popping up.

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,119   +1,523

What message are you referring too.

Is it the default browser message? There should be an option within the message itself not to ask again.

5. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

You can find a benefit of IE 9 when you connect to Microsoft for a variety fo reasons... otherwise, it is simply an advertising and messaging generator for Microsoft to send you undesirable items of info, methinks.

6. Rawben

Rawben TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

Sorry, yes the default message. I've clicked it to stop coming up, but every once in a while it will pop up.

Thanks for all your replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.