Windows 7 and media players?

nickc

Good morning everyone, I am running Windows 7. As I assume most do, when I set up Windows 7 I set up windows media player as the default player, and now I would like it to not be the default, so I can use another. Is there someone who can tell me how to do this?

If you type in the Start search bar "Set your default programs", then click the shortcut of the same name that appears, you'll be able to change all your defaults from there, including Media Player.

no as I said, I set the default when I set it up and now that has no option for for the media player.

nickc said:
...when I set up Windows 7 I set up windows media player as the default player, and now I would like it to not be the default, so I can use another.

The answer to that question is what i've given you. You can also right click a type of file (like an MP3) and use "Open with ->" to set the default Media Player that it opens with. Is that what you mean?

Depends on the non-Windows media player you're using, you might be able to change file association in it.

Back