Windows 7 blue screen problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Norton Anti Virus expired, so I decided to uninstalled it. After it was completed, a Norton pop-up saying I needed to restart my computer. So I did, and when I turned it on it gave me a blue screen death.

I went to safe-mode and I tried system restored, it worked but every time I tried to uninstalled Norton again it did the same thing.

I also tried to installed another anti virus but it did the same thing. What can I do to fix this problem? My laptop is new I just got it this Christmas.

First, congratulations on uninstalling Norton. It causes a lot of people issues and there are better solutions -- much better.

Second, Norton is notoriously known for for leaving remnants of itself behind even if you uninstall it. It is such an issue that they had to design a special removal tool to make sure a system is truly free from any and all drivers of their very own making. So the correct steps are a) Uninstall and then b) use the Removal Tool.

Go to their website. Find the removal tool for your particular version and use it.

Here is a rule to keep in mind: One antivirus, one firewall, and one antispyware. When you try to run two at the same time they will conflict and cause system crashes. This is why the other antivirus isn't working. I suggest after uninstalling Norton to then uninstall your newer antivirus and then reinstall.

Before installing what is the new security software you want to run?

I have the same problem when i run norton uninstall i get the blue screen everytime im stuck! please can someone help!!!!
I have tried perfect uninstaller but dosn't locate norton and manually removing as much as i can.

Windows 7 Blue Screen

I have the same problem with Norton on a Windows 7 computer. All attempts to remove Norton caused BSOD. Even with Norton removal tool. Have used Removal Tool many times with no problem until now.
Any help would be most appreciated.

munford, our standard policy is to ask people to start their own threads but since this one is old please attach your minidump files.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

No. Removal Tool caused System crash and BSOD so I removed Norton manually, piece by piece, then edited the registry to remove entries there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back