Windows 7 booting problem / issue

I have installed the Win 7 on SATA partiioned hard drive. The same hard drive has WIN XP has been installed and working good on different partition of the same hard drive.

Win 7 - Ultimate installation was completed successfully and however when I re-boot the system system is not recognizing the WIN 7 OS and it is not displaying the OS choose menu at all and directly booting from the WIN xp OS.

If I have a WIN 7 OS CD in the CD drive and the computer is displaying OS selection menu ( though the OS DVD was in the drive I am not booting from the CD/DVD) and booting the WIN 7 with no problems..

My computer has 2 SATA hard drives and one IDE hard drive, but the both OS WIN XP & WIN 7 are residing the same SATA hard drive in different partitions.

Please let me know if any has the same problem.. I really appreciate your help.

Thank you,

generally I am not a fan of multiple OS on the same system due to the issue you just described. I suggest removing the offending OS.

Bootloader

You need to do one of two options. 1: Reformat the Windows 7 drive and reinstall Windows 7. Not a good option. 2: Reinstall the Win7 bootloader. Guides for doing it can be found here and here. Won't delete anything. I reccomend option 2. If the first here doesn't work, try the second here.

Back