Windows 7 boots from disk but crashes/freezes before installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

zycon

Ok I have finally fixed the BSOD errors during installation of Windows 7 but now I face a different problem, everytime i try to install from the boot disk, it will boot through the windows loading screen and then to the screen with the blue background where the install setup should be but it just has the mouse with the loading circle next to it for like 5 minutes and then just reboots automatically... so i tried installing it while running xp so i go through the setup, i deleted and then created a partition on my other harddrive and installed windows 7 onto that, it says i need to restart after it goes through 27% of the second step so i do and then when i get to the installation upon reboot it just says "installing windows" and freezes there so im forced to reboot and try again... can someone offer me any help as to what is going on and what i should do?

EDIT: take note that the setup after restart only works in safe mode for me, otherwise it will say the setup was unsuccessful and reboots quickly.

Probably some hardware issues are involved here. To start with, first check your RAM with memtest and run at least 8 passes to ensure that it has been given ample time to find any errors.

Secondly, to HDD may have some issues with boot sector.

if it is a boot sector issue, is there a way to just completely fix any problems involved with that? this hdd is new and has barely anything on it.

Try running testdisk, and delete all existing partitions; then recreate them with it; and format them; if there is something which is fixable it will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back