Windows 7 BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

By Vin1794
Aug 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,

I recently swapped parts with another machine about a week ago and since I have I've gotten BSOD of the same file error since when the PC is not being activly used and rarely while being used. My memtest has been fine and tried to run system restore. Ive searched High and low and havnt found a thing. I tried to install windows debug program but it would not download for some off reason. I have not had the BSOD problem until swapping parts.

Specs:
    AMD Phenom X4 9650 2.30 Ghz
    4GB RAM
    GTX 260 Core 216
    Windows 7 Home Premium X64

I have attatched 5 of the recent minidumps hoping someone can decipher them and tell me what may be causing my problems.

Thanks,
    Vincent

Attached Files:

2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,986   +66

Which components you replaced in the system in question?

Almost all of the dumps cited OS processes as suspects for crash except one which came back with memory corruption issue. Did you run memtest on each RAM module individually (i.e. one by one)?

What is the make/model of your motherboard ?
  3. Vin1794

Vin1794 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

We replaced the CPU, Motherboard, and Memory. I did not run memtest of each one i will try that. The motherboard is an Asus M4A785-M
  4. Archean

Please ensure that RAM is correctly configured as per its configuration specs i.e. timings and voltage. Setting bios to AUTO may not work in some cases on Asus boards.

Also did you re-installed OS ?
  5. Vin1794

I will check the RAM and no i did not reinstall the OS.
  6. Archean

A windows installation can survive CPU / RAM / Graphic Card / peripheral cards replacement but not a motherboard replacement.

I would suggest you to start over by re-installing windows after formatting your OS partition on the HDD, and then go from there.
  7. Vin1794

Ok thanks for the info I will do that and hopefully it solves my problems.
  8. Archean

Good luck and please keep us posted with regard to your progress.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.