Windows 7 BSOD, Stop Error: 0x7e

By isrbarajas
Aug 24, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello everyone! Please let me start by mentioning that I have spent days working on this laptop, going through a bunch of different troubleshooting steps, and reading different forums to no avail. I'm using this website as a last resort, and am not trying to waste anyone's time. :)

I was using Facebook when suddenly my Acer 3690 turned off...

Upon reboot, I got a BSOD...
    "*** STOP: 0z0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x82C5096A, 0x807f0670, 0x807f0250)
    Collecting data for crash dump ....
    Initializing disk for crash dump ....
    Beginning dump of physical memory.
    Dumping physical memory to disk: 100
    Physical memory dump complete.
    Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance.
    "

I've tried everything I know how to do, including Safe Mode, Loading unsigned drivers, and Last Known Good Configuration...
    Still have the same stop error code.

I was messing with it for hours, literally..
    Got ahold of a Windows 7 Install Disk, so I tried using Recover Console, still nothing..
    Tried using DSKCHK, no results..

I was messing with something in the BIOS, and it actually booted up.
    Albiet a bit slow, it still booted up.
    After about 5 minutes of use, I restarted it...
    Same stop error code.

I ran an AVG scan using a bootable disc I burnt, and cleaned out a couple of viruses that were on there, and still nothing..

I'm really at a complete loss here, and have no idea what to do.
    I tried taking out the RAM, and using a can of airspray to clean it, still no help.

I'm not good with specs and all that, and I can't use Everest to get my specs obviously, but I know I have one gig of RAM in there...
    I think the hardrive is 250 GB,
    and the CPU is a Intel Celeron at 1.6 GHZ..

If anyone can offer any kind of help, I would GREATLY appreciate it.
  2. isrbarajas

isrbarajas Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Could it be AVG...?

I vaguely remember seeing a AVG message pop up before the crash...
    I hear that it might AVG messing with the laptop..
    How could I go about removing it if I can't even boot up?
  3. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,113   +23

You are most likely still deeply infected. Tojans/Viruses can and will mess with files, registry, and security software. I strongly suggest that you go to our Virus and Malware Removal forum and read the Updated 7 Steps sticky and anything else you can read there.

Ask for help but make sure your Subject Title is clear and distinct and in the body give a brief but descriptive account of the issues you are having. Especially tell them of your recent infections.
  4. isrbarajas

isrbarajas Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Optimisic..

Awesome, thank you so much.
    One question though, if I can't even boot up to the desktop, how would I go about doing all of the steps?
    Unless I'm missing something..
  5. kristain

kristain Newcomer, in training Posts: 52

6. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,113   +23

Nice links there kristain.

@ isrbarajas - When you Post on that forum make the subject title something like "Possibly Deeply Infected. Need Help." Then ask in the body of your text how you could do the 7 Steps with such a problem.

There is another way: Slave your harddrive to another system and in said system access this harddrive and run scans and diagnostics.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.