Windows 7 BSoD with .dmp files, any help would be appreciated!

SlateTV

Greetings Techspot!

Unfortunately I have recently met quite a few BSoDs and have been unable to figure out why. I build a new PC about a month ago and since day 1 there have been BSoDs without a clear cause. I am desperately hoping one of the Techspot experts could help me figure out what my problem is. I got 2 Bluescreens about 12min apart from one another today which caused me to seek help here. I'll include the 5 most recents .dmp files but I have quite a few more. Thank you very much for reading and any possible help!

-Slate

Attachments

• MostRecentMinidumps.zip
    101 KB · Views: 2
As per two of your minidumps (the others were inconclusive) your issue is with memory corruption. Therefore you’ll need to run Memtest on your RAM.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version which is 4.20. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

There is a Tutorial: How to use Memtest in our Guides and Tutorials forum; follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes (not hours; this test is not measured by hours); the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

*** If Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

Thanks a lot! I'll get right on that. Quick question before I begin, does it mean that all the Bluescreens could have been cause by faulty memory even though only 2 of them said it was the memory? Or is it more likely there's multiple problems?

Thanks for the help I already got!

Corrupted memory can cause a system to report all kinds of system error codes and different reasons but the bottom line is that the issue remains bad RAM. I have seen this happen many times.

Back to report as instructed haha, I did the Memtest and after 12 runs it still gave me 0 errors and I made sure that the Ram voltage was the same in BIOS as in the specs... At my wits end x.x I also got another blue screen, I'll add the .dmp and maybe that'll help any more =/ Thanks for the help already regardless!

-Slate

Attachments

• NewestDmp.zip
    20.1 KB · Views: 1
Once again memory corruption was specifically cited as the cause. What OS are you running and how much RAM do you have installed?

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, 8gb of RAM (4x 2gb of HyperX Kingston)
Hope that helps, I'll be glad to provide any information needed!

-Slate

P.s. I googled the BSoD's "name" and it said it was probably a Hard Drive failure? A BSoD guide told me to do that when it happens so I tried, just thought I'd ask you about that possibility. Thanks again!

I'd like to rectify my previous statement. I seem to have been mistaken in what time of RAM I had and my settings did, as you suggested, not match the RAM specs. My bios had my memory running at 1333mhz while it's specs are 1600 mhz. I updated the bios to match the 1600mhz. Could this have been my problem all along?

-Slate

When it concerns memory it can be anything. :D To answer your question: Yes.

Is your system running stable now?

That blue screens happened at random, sometimes it would take 2 weeks between them and sometimes 10 minutes. I can't say anything about it yet, but I'll make sure I post here the second I get another blue screen and otherwise I'll be sure to let you know it worked out in about a month from now when I'm certain it's actually fixed. Let's hope you don't hear from me for atleast 30 days! In the mean time thanks a lot for the help!

Sincerely,

-Slate

Hello again.

I have returned with the sad new that after a week I got blue screened again. I'm completely at my wits end, things are getting quite bothersome after having spend more than 1200euro on the machine... I hope this dmp file will clarify something, so here goes nothing. Hope anyone can assist me. Thanks for reading regardless.

Slate

Attachments

• August15thDMP.zip
    20.6 KB · Views: 1
Your error is 0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message.

The specific probable cause cited is hardware disk. Immediately back-up everything of importance to DVD. You may be looking at an imminent harddrive failure.

What make is your harddrive?

Thanks allot as always Route44,

My main harddrive is a brand new SSD, the OCZ Agility 3 60gb on which I run nothing but my Windows and 1 game. Besides that I have a second HDD which is a Samsung HD103SJ. I have run "health test" on both last night and they both came out 100% healthy. I understand this may not say anything, and I've already contacted the seller of my SSD for a new one (should you advise me to get a new SSD). I just thought I'd add that. As I said, you've been incredibly helpful and I immensely appreciate all your help.

-Slate

There has been quite a bit of information on the net lately concerning SSD issues. OCZ is one of them but so is Intel's as well. Do a search on yours.

Please keep us updated.

Hey again,

Apparantly OCZ released a statement concerning my SSD and they stated that there is about 1% of there Agility3's with the defects that mine if having. I guess I got relatively unlucky, but I decided to exchange it for a new one. Thinking a Vertex 3, hoping that'll work better for me. For now I'll change over my OS to my Harddrive to see if that end my problems, quite a lot of trouble to get a working PC but if it works it'll be worth it. I got 2 more .dmps today, something about a crucial thead processor and the other KERNER_DATA_PAGE_ERROR. I'm not sure if this is related to the SSD being faulty, if anyone could tell me that with full certainty I'd love that. Knowing what the problems is makes it 1000x better for me because atleast I know what to do. Thanks for all the advice I've been getting, I shall keep you all updated!

-Slate

It seemed to have not made any dumps today, even though it did on every other blue screen I got in the past. I usually write down what they're called though, just to be sure, but that's all I have on them right now. The Kernel_data_inpage_error and "A process or thread crucial to system operations". I ran a scan called SSD life on my SSD and it was 100% healthy. I don't know how much that tells me, though, seeing as it's a firmware issue. Thanks for the quick response as usual, though!

Same goes for the Samsung it seemed, it looked like they were both perfectly fine but that's not what's been showing recently unfortunately.

Back