TechSpot

Windows 7 BSOD

By Kaorichan2002
Jan 30, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Im not new to 7 but i am new to its bsods.. I woke up to it (A Bsod). Had no file name or what had happened... Read up the minidump... Whats going on here?
    More info:
    ntkrnlmp.exe ???
    VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT (... Not even...)
    UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (What's this?)
    EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT (Sounds bad just reading it)

Also: Im running windows 7 and what is this?! VISTA?! Really? How the hell? I have Ubuntu on dual boot but not vista...
    Could overheat cause this?
    It was heating up like a beast last night while playing some games... (Maybe I should wait till I get home if that's the case)
    Hopefully it over heated. I can't afford getting it fixed AGAIN.

2. Kaorichan2002

Kaorichan2002 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 89

I think I figured it out. It hasn't happened again. Im afraid to try and force it to BSOD to test it...

3. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,166   +37

What did you do to resolve your issue?

4. Kaorichan2002

Kaorichan2002 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 89

Restarted and put a fan under the computer. Im still unsure if it was an overheat issue. Other sites say its a hardware issue... Im just thinking something got too hot... I accidentally left it on a blanket last night... I fell asleep in front of it.

5. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,166   +37

Overheating will certainly cause these issues. If a fan has stopped any more crashes then I would say heat was the problem.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.