BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8004E08038
BCP3: 00000000B2000040
BCP4: 0000000000000800
OS Version: 6_1_7100
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Tell Julio these ,dmp files for win7 are all over 200kb's He needs to change the maximum size for uploading them. I had to upload it to my site. Anyway can someone help me and have a look at my file? I'm always getting the same one 0x124. whea uncorrectable error. This last one, the only program open was firefox, and I haven't added any new hardware. So far I've had 6 instances of this bug check code. I can post another file from last week if necessary. This is win7 rc1 build 7100. Dual booting with XP Home SP3. Updates are current. No problems with XP installation. System specs are in profile

http://angryhippy.net/files/061009-19890-01.dmp

There is a Zip option provided that allows you to ZIP up to five large files together. The Zip will compress them so you can attach.

Your error 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).

This is a very difficult error to work with because the hardware issue can be anything and I have yet to come across a minidump that is specific enough to help much.

However, go ahead and Zip together your five latest and I'll attempt tp read them

luvhuffer, sorry for the delay. The 0x124 was your predominant error and I did further research and even the experts say this is a) due to hardware and b) it is very difficult to pin down. So it looks like your best recourse is to do standard diagnostic steps.

1. Run memtest on your RAM. See link and follow the directions: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html Please make sure you run it for the minimum of 7 Passes.

2. Go into your BIOS and see if the motherboard has your memory voltage set at the manufacturer's specs.

3. Run harddrive diagnostics.

4. Update your NIC drivers. I have seen NIC (as well as DVD/CD drives) be the cause.

Ya I've done all that. No problems with the XP installation. Well I wiped the Win7 partition and installed 7229 so I'll see how that goes. Hopefully it was just an issue with that particular build. This board won't let me push the RAM voltage past 2.2 even though it's rated at 2.15-2.4V I wonder if it is that although the OC on the RAM is pretty mild from 1066 to 1112 but it passes memtest+ OK overnight and can stress test at 4GHz for 12 hours with Ortho. And it usually occurs when I'm surfing with Chrome or FF. Not any kind of multi-tasking that's for sure. sigh...lol

Let us know if the 7229 gives you stability. By the way, how are you liking 7 (other than the BSODs)?

Well I tried about 4 different Vistas including the RC's when it was in Beta. I'd install them play with them for a couple hours and say this is BS and uninstall them. I kept hoping that somehow the next build would offer some kind of breakthrough. Not that it was bad, I could find enough drivers to make it work, it was just that there just wasn't anything there that could persuade me to give up XP. With Win7 I was in love with it after about 10 minutes with the first beta. It just has a nice quick feel to it. And I'm using the 64bit version. I'm happy it is as good as it is because frankly XP is starting to show it's age. The only thing I haven't liked is the virtual XP thing. THAT is a POS! First time I've tried any virtual stuff. It was unable to run any of the XP programs that won't run in 7 that I tried to get to work. Kind of a virtual nightmare actually. I had to reinstall just to get it out of the system. It does take me a few hours after the install to make changes to stuff I don't like. Too much duplicity of folders. I don't need 10 libraries, or start menu items spread all over the place in 2 or 3 different directories and even more folders. I liked XP start menu much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back