TechSpot

Windows 7 Dell computer freezing a lot

By Deery50
Apr 1, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. First of all I know that a dell is not the best Computer and i don't want responses saying: "Don't get a dell" or "Get a life dell user". My computer is freezing every 5 seconds it seems. I have removed a ton of programs i don't use, Scanned for viruses and Malware, and installed 2gb's more memory. I have a dell computer with Windows 7 64bit. I have managed to take a screenshot of my resource monitor when it freezes.

The image is posted as an Attachment because i havn't made 5 posts yet and cant insert an image.

It seems to me everything just stops. Please help.

PS. My computer froze 6 times just writing this post.

By the way it doesn't freeze all the time. It will have episodes of freezing all the time usually when i am playing a game. But this game is only using 2/6 of my memory but is using 100% of my CPU.

EDIT: Oh, I have also Defragmented my disk.

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,987   +168

Go here and do the memory and hard drive tests, then attach any minidumps you may have. If they exceed the size limit, zip them. What is the Dell's make and model?

Instructions:
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

3. Deery50

Deery50 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

Thanks for the reply.
    For some reason when i run chkdsk it pops up and just goes away. My model is Dell Inspiron 546

4. Tmagic650

The hard drive is probably dying...

5. Deery50

ehm.....so?

6. Deery50

If there is anything you can do to help please help. This is my only computer.

7. Tmagic650

Your going to have to take it to someone that knows something about computer repair. A friend or a repair center...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.