Windows 7 desktop icon spacing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all and TIA for any and all replies.

It appears that a lot of the desktop customization features of XP Pro have gone away with Windows 7 (or at least Windows 7 Home Premium which I'm being forced to use at work). With XP Pro I can set the exact icon size, vertical and horizontal spacing I want to use on my desktop. I have been unable to figure out how to do that under Windows 7 Home Premium. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

CobraRGuy

Not sure about the spacing (might be a registry tweak for that), but you can adjust the icon size very easily by holding the control button on your keyboard and scrolling up or down with your mouse wheel. This should let you go below, beyond and in-between the default small, medium and large icons.

Matthew,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it on my system and couldn't get it to work. I have a couple of questions:

1) Do I need to be in the icon size menu when I'm doing this?
2) Where should my cursor be?

Thanks,

CobraRGuy

You just need to be on the desktop. Click your wallpaper to make the desktop your active "window", then you should be able to hold ctrl + scroll with your mouse wheel to resize the icons. Works fine for Home Premium x64 and Ultimate x64 on my end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back