TechSpot

Windows 7 Driver Power Failure

By Robert Short
Jul 9, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,

I have had this computer for a little over a year now and this issue has been recurring since I got it. It was a minor annoyance and I kept forgetting to take it in. I would love to get some help. It may be my graphics card but I am not entirely sure. As far as troubleshooting I have made sure the graphics card is fully pushed into the pci slot and checked the wires.

Thanks
    -Robert Short

P.S. I would love to attach the minidump but the website says that the file type is not allowed. I suppose this is a situation where I need help to get help.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,984   +168

You should easily post minidumps by going to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click, sending them to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

3. gracebie

gracebie TS Rookie

Driver power state failure error is actually Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error. I have found a video tutorial that will resolve your problem You are only required to follow the steps mentioned in the video tutorial.

Wish you best of luck!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.