Windows 7, Explorer search function falsely yields no results

gott1rott

Ok here is my problem. When I use the search function at the top right corner of windows explorer, I get no results even though I know the files are located where I am searching. It will only give me results if I click "Computer" under search again but If I initially search computer or any drive, no matching results.

The search has worked fine in the past. Changes I've made before search stopped working are installing one of my external hard drive into my PC case and I enabled ad blocker and no script in firefox. I'm really not sure if it stopped working before or after these changes. I attached images to show what I am talking about.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 2
If I used Windows 7, I would help you out a bit more here but, try finding the Windows Search, settings, and make sure it searches everything.

Its a basic answer but I think you get what im tyring to say.

While googling how to find the settings for the search function, I happened to come across something saying to change the search & index startup from "Automatic(Delayed Startup)" to just Automatic. Not entirely sure what it did but that seems to have fixed the problem so your advice was helpful. Thanks

Back