Windows 7 freezes

Hi there, I am running W7 64 Ultimate/XP Pro 32 (Dual boot), and I have been getting a freeze every time I boot up from 0-3 mins after boot up (in both OS). Boot up in Safe mode, absolutely fine. Try a clean boot and still no dice, after disabling all but MS services in MSconfig, So no startup items and no services except the MS ones.

I am stumped. Have looked in Event log and the only thing that jumps out is a bad sector on disk 3 (my external back up drive).

Can anybody point me in the right direction, have been running this W7 install for a good month or so now with no problems, its just started doing this literally.

This is bugging the hell out of me am just in the middle of updating my mb drivers and such (all updated now along with graphics, sound and NIC). But all my security services have been turned off (bitdefender, windows defender, windows security centre). So I am loath to connect up to the net on that machine. Any ideas? I thought possibly virus as it was all my security services that were switched off. Have now scanned it with Antimalware and prevx 3.0 and nothing has been found.

Booted it completely clean (device and services) and it was ok, until I opened an app. I tried two apps IE8 and FL Studio 9.5, my studio software and upon opening it froze. It was sat there quite happily for 5 mins idling, but as soon as I increased the load it froze.

I have uninstalled bitdefender and Zone Alarm, but its still the same.

Anybody got any ideas?

My hardware specs are as follows:

Intel QX6600 Quad core CPU
4GB DDRII RAM
Asus P5K motherboard
Geforce 7300 LE Graphics Adaptor
Running W7 x64 Ultimate.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Paul

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name MUSICPCW7
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model P5K
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0902, 24/12/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name MusicPCW7\Paul C
Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 149 MB
Total Virtual Memory 8.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.95 GB
Page File Space 4.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

I have attached a zip file, with my event log file, system info, minidump after the last freeze, and a text file of the message windows gave me when I went back into safe mode.

My machine has been like this for almost a week now am starting to get despondent :-(

Attachments

• event log 2.zip
    106.6 KB · Views: 0
Back