Windows 7 freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpbradley

I just did a fresh install windows 7 and my pc has slowed down and freezes when trying to use misc programs. It is a brand new system, 4GB ram, AMD Athlon 3.2 GB processor (not positive). I Cant get Alcohol 120 to even install but when I use winrar the pc just freezes up. Is this just a Win 7 issue?

I have the same problem, i boot up Windows 7 pro at first it used to freeze up mainly on the internet, now it does it within minutes of starting up.
I have replaced the motherboard Asus P5K Deluxe, there is 6 gig of ram installed and all good graphics and other drivers.
I have spent a fortune on various software that supposedly fixes the problem to no avail.

I have resorted to using my copy of Vista Ultimate on my second drive with no side affects at all.

I would really happy if you here of anything thats usefull with this problem.

Regards Mike

No doubt there will be lots and lots of people finding incompatibilities between Win 7 and existing hardware of all sorts. Most experts do not adopt a new OS from MS until at least SP1.

Sorry that does not help you - but what might is discovering exactly what motherboard you have, and searching the motherboard manufacturers site for 'known problems', 'user forum','chipset update for Win7' and most likely 'latest bios update'. You may also have to search the bios supplier's site for some of that.

I am totally guessing h ere, that there may be a something with your RAM.

I had similar problems when i switched to Win7x64 from Vista U x64.

However, after endless hardware swaps I found out that the main culprit was one of the 2GB memory modules; and once i changed it everything became rocksolid stable .....

The general consensus is that the Vista display drivers work better with Windows 7.I have found this to be true.So you guys might want to try some of the new Vista display.I'm using the Ethernet that came with Windows 7.I have a similar system running a dual core but no freeze ups ever using 7077.Using 180.48 display.It might also help if you get the latest Adobe player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back